I have to administer some meds tonight to try to expel some extra tissue (ie placenta). If it doesn't work I'm having a D&C tomorrow or Weds.
Will this nightmare ever end?!?
We opted to try the meds first because I am ever so tired of having surgery. I've had 4 surgical procedures thus far, since March: 1 laparoscopy, 1 hysteroscopy, 2 IVF egg retrievals. The surgery might be "easier", but, I don't want to risk the scar tissue.
This med has about a 60% effectiveness. You all know how I feel about statistics these days. I'm always the minority 1-2% it seems lately. But, I would rather do this than surgery.
Oh, more good news? I have a "small" endometrioma on my right ovary. Bastard. Pap came back negative though. My silver lining of the day-no cancer.
The OBs office was really emotional. I hated being there.
Keep your fingers crossed. We are waiting on a stat CBC to see how my hemoglobin is (checking for anemia). If that's okay, we've got the clear to admin the meds this evening.
Slightly freaking out here. And definitely mentally exhausted! I just want my Wyatt back. All of this and no baby?
2 weeks ago

5 comments:
I am so sorry! I wish the physical part would just be over. I was able to slowly get my life back after our loss once the constant physical reminders were gone.
Please be sure that you are eating some foods with extra iron! I know that I lost a lot of blood and almost had to be transfused during surgery. I felt so tired and weak from the anemia. Be sure that if they give you something with iron in it that they give you a stool softner.
Please keep us updated. I hope that you are able to take the medication since you don't want to have the surgery.
If you do have to have a D&C, it is a very quick procedure (I was put under) and I was discharged home two hours later - so if you do have to have one try not to stress about the actualy surgery.
Many hugs and try and get some rest!
*sigh* When will this ever stop for you guys? I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. I hope all goes well with this medicine and you can avoid surgery... Keep us posted, I'm thinking of ya!
I HATE this for you and Weston! This physical stuff has to stop! Mourning and grieving cannot begin and end as long as these physical reminders keep popping up! I am praying tonight for your hemoglobin levels so that you can do these pills and be done! If not, I know the d&c will work, and hopefully take away that pain...! Maybe we all need to grill some steaks and have a "red meat party" to avoid the anemia! :) Cuddle up with your new blanket and get some sleep! Sweet dreams!!!!
*huge hugs* I can imagine how you must feel. It becomes not only an emotional loss, but a physical as well. It really delays the healing process and takes such a toll. Sending positive thoughts that the pill works.
Allison,
I am so sorry. :(
Jeanne
Post a Comment