What does "Normal" mean anyway?
Today we had another ultrasound and visit with the OB. The baby is looking great and things are going very smoothly. I have been having random contractions, but, things are holding steady. And, slow and steady wins this race! So, today, my OB declared that we could start moving towards a more "normal" routine. Weird. I didn't take the news as was expected. My first reaction was some sort of panic. I am pretty scared, honestly, to stop getting ultrasounds and to stop being seen so frequently. But, I know that this is AMAZING news and we are definitely feeling very blessed and thankful. I'll still have the same checks I've been going in for...just a little less often and without the visuals that have been keeping this mamma sane the past 7 weeks or so.
Little man was being a little stubborn today with the pictures ;) We did get a few, but, they are quite fuzzy and not very distinguishable. He's quite the little Yogi in there though-his feet were at his head pretty much the whole scan. Pretty amusing to us here on the outside!
So, settling in to our fabulous news and just trying to take it all in. Still moving one day at a time and celebrating each little milestone we hit.
***Update...interesting article I JUST stumbled upon...what impeccable timing!***
I guess today starts a new path in this adventure to parenthood...
3 days ago

3 comments:
scary, i know. when i was released to my ob i was terrified (i was released quite a bit sooner since i didn't have the same prior issues that you did, but it still scared the crap out of me). but also really great that things are "normal" as they say (normal is not really something we get to experience though, is it?)... but seriously, good news, congratulations!!!
That is great news, Ali!! :)
maybe he is going to come out like emily did with legs crazy and all spread eagle for all the world to see:)
Post a Comment