We are back in Charlotte now-got back yesterday afternoon. We went to Texas on buddy passes from my wonderful friend Noel Mark. On the way out there it took us about 13 hours; on the way back we made all of our flights and it wasn't so bad. Either way we got out there, and, we had a nice visit. It was wonderful to meet Weston's family, although I wish it had been under different circumstances.
We stayed with one of his cousin's, Don, and his family. They were so wonderful and hospitable, and it was a pleasure getting to know them. The visitation was on Sunday and the funeral was Monday afternoon. It was a beautiful service. At the cemetery we got to see the family tree so-to-speak; that was really neat.
Today we both stayed home-I caught something nasty from the plane (terrible sore throat), and, we both just really needed a day to rest. We've been pretty lazy, which, is nice (and unusual). Back now, again, to being lazy. Hopefully I can posts some pics of the family soon. I didn't have my camera, but, his aunt got some shots of everyone on Monday.
Please continue to pray for "Auntie" (Mimi's sister). She is now down in FL all alone, and is trying to make a difficult decision about what to do/where to go from here. She is obviously missing her sister terribly, and, trying to pick up the pieces.
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment