WELCOME!!!!
Thursday evening, August 11th I started having much more productive contractions-all the way into my back. I had a feeling this might be it! We had an appointment scheduled with the OB for an ultrasound and non-stress test at 12:30 on Friday to make sure things were okay since I was so overdue. I was still having contractions, but, not too bad or frequent, so I decided to go to work as planned on Friday the 12th. They didn't really intensify too bad at work (or I didn't think). I was only there 1/2 the day to make the appointment.
I had a feeling something was going on so I had Weston bring our bag and pillows, when he came up for the Dr.'s visit. At the appointment during the ultrasound it was discovered that my placenta was essentially worn out and there wasn't any fluid but a small pocket left around our little guy. I knew that meant they would induce-he needed out. He wasn't moving around much so instead of having to wait the hour for my NST they sent me right on over to that next. He passed that with flying colors and we walked over to the cafeteria for lunch. Things were intensifying by then. Within 45 minutes we were back at the OB's to meet with the Dr. and my contractions were 2-4 minutes apart!!! She said they were sending me over to the hospital. I was 3 cm dialated and 80% effaced. She was sending me over for an induction because of the fluid anyway, but things were happening on their own! From there it was a whirl wind!!!!!
We got checked in to the hospital and we tried a lot of different soothing techniques for labor. Weston was a HUGE help...rubbing my back pretty much constantly (it was totally a back labor!!!). He truly was an amazing help through the entire thing. He never left my side! I went until about 8 or so PM without the epi. I was so scared about getting it...and, honestly it wasn't comfy going in. Afterwards, though, I was feeling so relaxed and thankful for it! I'm not sure my nerves could have handled the pain plus the events of the evening. Weston got some zzz's and I was anxiously waiting to push-which we started around 1:30/2AM!
We pushed for an hour or so and his heart rate just wasn't tolerating things well-it would dip so low. The nurse we had was amazing. She never panicked and we just worked right on through everything. At one point I was on oxygen to try to help his heart rate come up some. That first hour was really rough with the pushing because I had the most unbearable acid reflux of my life. I could only get two good pushes in per contraction because it was so intense. It got to the point where they were getting concerned about Connor. The OB was in an emergency c-section so we rested for about an hour until she was available. He was okay when I wasn't pushing. Because of his heart rate, when she got there we needed to get him out fast. They said they were going to try the vacuum and then would have to head to the OR if that didn't work. 2-3 big pushes and a small little suction and he came flying out like a football (fitting since it was "opening day" for the pre-season pros)!!!! Having him out and hearing him cry, which was immediate, was the most amazing thing ever. Weston and I just looked in amazement...laughed and cried and just tried to take it all in. They handed him to me right quick and had to take him over to make sure things were okay because of his heart. Everything checked out well. He had some grunting and they had to pull a good amount of gunk off his lungs, but, everything overall was smooth. Seemed like forever before I got to hold him again. Daddy took pictures of the little guy getting weighed and the Dr. was still working on me...I was trying to see what I could where Connor was.
We are so glad that he's here and just trying to take it all in. Leaving the hospital was completely overwhelming. I'm not sure how I didn't just bawl all the way out of the hospital. I couldn't believe we were getting to leave with a child in our arms-OUR SON!!!! I honestly cannot even describe how that felt. How it still feels every time I look at him!
We are home now and trying to adjust. Life on little sleep is interesting. Family is here helping out. It's been a godsend!!! One day at a time and trying not to wish away time to the next phase. He's the most amazing little guy. We love his stares, his cries, his funny little noises. Pure heaven!!! Stats: Connor Landry 8/13/2011 at 4:37 AM 8 pounds, 4 oz 21 3/4 inches long Now, enjoy some pics!!!
We think he's awfully cute!!!
Weighing in-first picture!!
Getting tended to
Hanging with GG
Love with mom!
Nanny-Only Great Grandmother!
Getting in the car to go home!
Daddy taking me in
First family photo
Aubry loves Connor-she worries about him when he cries! Checking him out for the first time
Time with Grandma Julia
Milk face-Nom Nom

10 comments:
Congratulations Alison! He's perfect!!!
LOVE IT!! And all of y'all! CONGRATULATIONS again, Mama!
yay..so glad you wrote out the whole story. what an amazing story and path for you all. so thankful. i love all the pics too and absolutely cannot wait to meet him!
Congrats!!! So glad you guys are home and on the road to adjusting to being a family! Be sure to take it all in & enjoy every moment:)
Love the pics with the Grandmas!
Congratulations!! He is perfect and absolutely adorable! SO happy for you guys that you finally got your happy ending!
Congratulations!! He is perfect and absolutely adorable! SO happy for you guys that you finally got your happy ending!
I've probably looked at this post at least 10 times. He's just gorgeous and so perfect. I'm so glad to see such a happy family! Eve told me on the phone..."CONNOR WAS BORNED! He's my new cousin you know and I want to see him. (insert heavy sigh) But Mama says we have to wait."
Congrats! He's perfect! The sleeping situation will get better, I promise!
Congrats again! You guys look so thrilled.
Can't wait to meet him :)
don't know how i missed thins, CONGRATULATIONS!! he's adorable!!
Post a Comment