Saturday, March 20, 2010

A year in review

A beautiful day on the other side of the Dyer world with the birth of our niece Juliana Kate (Jules-Happy Birthday sweet baby girl!), March 20, 2009 was a day to remember here as well.

My 2nd laparoscopy for my endometriosis. Going in I was scared out of my mind-I had a urologist, GI surgeon and my RE on hand for the procedure. I woke up, and the first question on my mind was if I still had my colon fully in tact. I did, thankfully. Although it was (still is) adhered to the back of my uterus, it was too risky to my reproductive system to un-glue. Preservation of fertility was the name of the game. A new family was in sight. We had plans...dreams...ambitions!

After my scary skin reaction/infection (which still to this day bothers me) and a hysteroscopy in the books, it was time to move forward! One "chemical" pregnancy and one premature delivery later, here we are, March 20, 2010 with empty arms and a hole left in our hearts.

I feel stuck in time. Yet, it's moving quickly past. As we prepare for the next step in our journey to become parents, we can't help but to look ahead and wonder about life if things don't work out as we hope they do. A real contemplation about our future. A nervous yet eager anticipation as we move forward together.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Don't lose hope! :)

Lena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lena said...

i keep telling myself that these hardships are making me stronger and i'm gaining something from them, but it's all incredibly hard and sad. i hope you have good news and good times in your near future. i'm hoping the same for myself!

Anonymous said...

my skin still bothers me from my bad reaction to dermabond almost seven years post laparoscopy, i hope yours doesn't last so long. i also hope you get the family you are dreaming of sooner rather than later.

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

Still thinking of you.....

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

Still thinking of you.....please don't lose faith!