Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hello Again!

We had another visit with the OB today. Actually, it was an appointment with the perinatologist for some first trimester screening scans. The ultrasound tech was amazing at pointing everything out. It's funny that I never really could "see" what was going on in ultrasounds until it is my own!

The baby was very tame today. They kept shaking my belly around to get it to move. Which was making us laugh so hard. I have no idea why! We just thought that was so funny. It's like shaking someone to wake them up...that's what was going on and it was just a hoot. Then the baby would wiggle around and Dr. got what he needed, and it would put it's hands up to it's face, like, "LEAVE ME ALONE"!!! Too cute. We finally saw the arms and legs (hooray for appendages!) and it's just so amazing to see the changes! I know not everyone gets this many ultrasounds. So, on one hand I feel blessed to see Little D so much. But, I know it's just because there have been a few bumps in the road and I'm kinda ready to be a "normal" OB patient. Notice the quotes ;)

This blood clot (hematoma) is still pretty large, about 3x3 cm. So, that would explain my overall "icky" and "crampy" feelings. It looks "old" at this time, but, it's still just kinda hanging out there. I should expect quite a bit more bleeding, which, is not so much fun and is going on right now. Looks like this (possibly coupled with my endo) increases my risk of pre-term labor by about 15% (not so bad), but, they are going to keep an eye on that. So, I have two OB's right now. The regular one and the perinatologist. I have another apt with the specialist at 22 weeks to start doing more frequent cervical length checks. Fun fun ;) I have my anatomical ultrasound around 18-20 weeks...probably more like 18 since I'll be seen again at 22. So, 22 weeks is Dec 16th; we should know the baby's gender sometime between Thanksgiving and then!!! I also have another apt in about 4 weeks to go over my risk assessment that was done today.

Weston has been so amazing during this whole journey. Actually, he's just amazing in general, but, particularly good at making me feel special lately. I cannot wait to see him in "daddy" action. He's going to be the best!

All for now. We are almost to 12 weeks!!!!

Little D! There was a better picture with his/her hand waving; I guess they didn't print it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute, i'm glad you got to see the baby again and things seem to be ok.

Melanie said...

YAAAY!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love see the little head and body!!

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

Oh Little D! Keep growing strong! The Duffy family is praying together for you and your momma nightly.

erin said...

love it! im glad you get to see little d often too! but im sure little d would appreciate you guys not waking him up next time. way to go daddy weston on being so supportive. hope are you feeling better and still praying.

erin said...

and i use him lightly...generic use there:)

Stacy Eskew said...

So excited for you!!! I love the pictures...isn't it such a surreal feeling to know you've got a baby growing in you right now?