Monday, September 21, 2009

It really doesn't get old

Seeing our Little D that is! Today was my first OBGYN appointment. It felt so real being at a "real" doctor (although, I wish my RE delivered because I miss them already!). I like my new Dr. so far. I didn't meet much of the staff, so, not sure about that. She's really great though and I really like the clinic because I can choose which hospital uptown to deliver in. Which, it's nice to have the choice. Now to make the decision!

The unfortunate thing is that she is pregnant too! Due two weeks before me!!! So, it's likely that she won't be delivering. But, I've heard great things about her partners as well, so, it'll all work out. It's a smaller practice than I was at before, which is nice because I feel like the care will be a little more personal. It's not as new and shiny. Something I'll have to get used to. I must say, I like new and shiny when it comes to MD's offices ;)

The baby was looking great! It was bouncing all around!!! My mom said that she isn't surprised that my child can't sit still. Haha. We didn't get to see it in all the glorious detail today because they just did an abdominal ultrasound, but, it was still wonderful. Little heart is still going good too-that is just REALLY amazing to see the flicker on the screen. No pictures today either. I'll go back in two weeks for some 11 week testing. We'll get a good one then! :) The blood clot seems to have resolved it self, or gone down considerably. Thanks for all the prayers!!! Again, we'll see more next time, but, things are looking good!

I have been feeling kinda icky lately, especially with this cold and bronchitis resolving. Weston's cold ended up kicking back a little, so, he's got a nice cough too. We sound like quite the pair. I think the both of us are finally on the mend. Let's hope and pray so! I lost most of my PTO being out. It really stinks. Hopefully I can take off a few days this winter (vacation?!?!?! PLEASE!!!) and then still have a little bit of paid time for maternity leave in the Spring. Oh well, I needed to be off to take care of myself and the little one. So, it was worth it.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. Keep 'em coming!!! Hope that everyone is doing well!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad all is still well! I hope you feel totally better soon!!

Ashley said...

Im not sure how much of the staff you will meet there...basically I knew Dr. Arronte, the nurse, and the ultrasound tech. Oh and the lady who you get really friendly with on your way out setting up your 40bazillion appts!

Im sure you will like the rest of the Drs just as much. Do you ever watch Carolina Travler w/ Mike Redding - I saw this on his blog and thought you might like to read it. He is so funny: http://stopandsmellthepeople.com/2009/07/23/the-baby-diaries%E2%80%A6-pt-1/

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you like your doctor, even if she wasn't pregnant it would be a crap shoot as to who you'd have deliver your baby, most offices rotate on call days so whoever is on call that day is the one who delivers the baby.

Trisha said...

Aw, the updates don't get old either. :) Glad to hear all is well.