Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pain

Wes and I have been able to work through a lot of our recent emotional pain. It's been a "progressive" type of week; I feel everyday gets better and better.

However, the physical pain has decided to attack as this closure is taking place. I haven't had pain like this since before my first surgery (its not quite that bad). I am left confused and emotional again, wondering how to fight through this. The meds are bringing temp relief, but, it doesn't last as long as it should. I'm very frustrated right now.

We did manage to have a good time earlier this evening. Weston has been wanting to go to this brazilian restaurant for some time now. I surprised him this evening and it was nice to get out. Glad the meds were cooperating then!!! :). I feel so bad missing out on things because of my pain. I try not to, but, sometimes you just have to sit back and watch.

Hope the week is getting better for our friends and family out there. Its been kind of a tough one!

4 comments:

Stacy Eskew said...

I'm so sorry! Please let me know if there's anything I can do...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are still dealing with this! There is a specialist here in Birmingham that is supposed to be really great. I'd be happy to get you his name.

Ash said...

I'm sorry, Allison. It sounds like things are rough. Hopefully you are feeling better today? Lots of love and hugs to you.

Kristi G said...

I am so proud of you for such a good outlook through being in pain and frustrated. But, I am so sorry you have to keep on enduring it! I am thinking of you and hoping things take a turn for the better. Love and hugs!