Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm here

A lot of the same staff was there today as was about a month ago during my laparoscopy. I had a different nurse admitting me, but, otherwise, all where the same-anesthesiologist, surgical RN, and step down recovery RN. Too funny. They all recognized me. I told them I'd be back in a few weeks too. :)

The procedure went well. They ended up finding 2-3 more in there, and, removed them all and it took a smidge longer than anticipated (a little over 1 hour or so). So, I'm hopefully polyp free now and ready to roll. Cramping was okay after surgery. I went ahead and asked them for another round of whatever to calm it down.

I was there what seemed like all day! We got there at 10:30 and left at 4. The anesthesia they give you ("deep sedation") is basically just a step away from general. Like general, but without the breathing tube. I'm not sure why I was so out afterward, but, I was. So, finally I was up and they moved me to the step down unit where Weston was able to come in and enjoy a few crackers and a soda with me. When they took the IV out, they/I didn't apply pressure long enough (don't tell me to get dressed at the same time people...I'm on drugs!!) so there is a nice little lump on my hand. I was assured this was just a bruise.

Getting home was another story. I thought I was feeling like a million bucks until we stepped foot outside. I had to have the air cranked up to high and took deep breaths in and out all the way home. Thinking I was starving (cause I was!!!), I had some soup when I got home. When that didn't work, I took some phenegran and ibuprofen that we had on hand at the house. Then it was nite nite time. I just woke up feeling much better, although, exhausted now. Going to try to stay up a little bit and get something to eat.

I think I should be up and at 'em by tomorrow. They said to take it kinda easy. I can do that, and will! Thank you for all of the well wishes and phone calls!

4 comments:

erin said...

glad it went ok. get some rest and make weston cook for you;) or well we can work on getting paul to teach him..how about that?

Stacy Eskew said...

I love you, my friend Allison! Phenergan is good stuff :-)

Heather said...

I'm way behind - sorry! We were out of town last week. Glad to hear things went well. Did they do a MAC? Sometimes people are groggier afterwards b/c the combo of IV meds can take longer to wear off than the inhalation agents (gas) does. It all just depends on what you got. Glad the phenergan helped, and after I've had to take it, it was always nite-nite time for me, lol.

Ashley said...

So what happened to the photo a day? :) Im just kidding...but hello its been over a week we need an update!