Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hello, we are still here

Last week was a really busy week!

On the health front, I went back to the Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) on Weds morning for my post op. Everything went well, although, what was removed were not polyps. She took a few minutes to get around to the benign part, but, it was a build up of extra tissue that ended up being removed. Interesting. I was so relieved when she finally got to the good news, I didn't bother to ask why. I assume it has something to do with my endometriosis. What doesn't?

We also got the go ahead to start our IVF cycle. So far, nothing too crazy to report. I was having some pain this weekend, but, I realized it was probably because the Lupron I'm on surges the estrogen before it suppresses it. Just makes me wonder what the 10-12 days of estrogen surging drugs are going to be like. I also got a good tip for migraines: Vitamin B Complex and magnesium. I've been taking that preventative because of the good chances for migraines on these meds for me.

My incisions are still being stubborn. One in particular now...which is better than two, right? They assured us that the new regimen we are on should not affect the healing since it's only "skin deep". I dunno, tonight it's looking rather funky!!!

This weekend we went to Charleston for a funeral. A friend of Weston's from his first days at the bank passed away last week. It was nice for him to catch up with old co-workers, but, on a rather sad occasion. The funeral was really nice. They called it a home-going service. There was lots of singing and it was very upbeat. The cemetery was beautiful as well-it overlooked a marsh/folly beach. It was a emotional couple of hours; it's never easy to say goodbye. I know Weston will miss his friend! But, we were glad to be able to "celebrate" and remember her with her family.

We got to see some family again while we were in town, and, today we went to the beach for a bit with Courtney and the children. Weston and I are kicking ourselves for not having any sunscreen. Luckily we had on shorts and t-shirts, so, less skin was affected. Unfortunately, the skin that is affected is pretty bad. I'm really hoping we don't blister. That really is the last thing my skin needs right now!!!! :(

Here are a few pics from today:

This was the color of my skin before being charred


Uncle Weston loves to play as much as they love playing with him!




Yummy, SAND!

No comments: