Sunday, August 3, 2008

Insurance updates and such

SO...back to the house drama. I think where we last left off our adjuster was taking our case back to the company to get a quote. WELL, she came back and asked us if we planned on using the same guy who drew up the protocol for the mold remediation for the repairs. Um....YES! Apparently that was a "conflict" of interest for the company, and, they wanted to send someone ELSE out to check things out. At first we agreed and made an appointment for ANOTHER opinion. That's when the fire really got lit. How is THEM picking someone NOT a conflict of interest for us? ALSO, was this coming out of the $5,000 limit for mold remediation? Wes called the adjuster several times, emails, etc. WE kept getting the same answer about the cost-it was coming out of the "expenses", but, she never explained who's expenses. The day before the other guy was coming out for his assessment we finally got it out of her that it would come out of our allotment. ABSOLUTELY not!!!

Wes took it up to her supervisor's supervisor, and, canceled their 2nd assessment. They called back earlier this week and said that they normally require a 3rd party for another assessment, but, since this has been going on for so long they'd just skip that part and go with what our remediation specialist said. Oh, that was so gracious! ;)

So, fast forward to Friday. We got an email from our adjuster with the quote on the amount they think is fair to pay. $2K. Yeah, 2 K. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! There's no way that's even going to TOUCH the repairs. The quote doesn't even make sense, so, here's to another week fighting with the company, trying desperately to get someone to walk us through the quote and break down. Seriously, this is RIDICULOUS. I am about to lose my mind this is SO maddening!!!

No end in sight...no repairs in sight. We still sit and wait...


Friday I was involved in a little fender bender on the interstate. Thank goodness I was in Wes' truck, or, the damage would have been far worse. I was waiting to get onto a bypass interstate when some jackleg, as they always do, pulled over in our lane last minute a few cars in front of me. Everyone put on the brakes...I'm not even sure how I didn't just EAT the car in front of me. I managed to stop, but, the 3 cars behind me couldn't. The girl behind me saw it coming and tried to swerve into another lane to avoid a collision. It was good that she did that because she ended up hitting her right front bumper to my left rear bumper. Just a nice little dent in the back-the whole bumper will need to be replaced though because it's one solid piece of metal. Now another insurance waiting game to get that fixed.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You guys need 2008 to end asap!

Daisy said...

What crazy insurance woes! I sympathize...

Good luck with the waiting - know any good lawyers?