We are SO pissed right now. We had to board Aubry this weekend while we were OOT because she was on some medicine for a bum foot, and no one else was going to be around here to help. So, we took her Thursday evening to board her, and I picked her up this afternoon. I leave the vet, nothing is said to warrant any strange behavior while she was there. She gets home and out of her kennel and she immediately wants to be loved. I pick her up to love her, and, she smells like URINE. ALL OVER. I am fuming...FUMING!!! We paid $20/day to board this cat ($15/day+$5/day for meds) and she smells like piss-like she's been sleeping in it!!!!! So, I call the vet's office back, and I'm like, what's up?! The front desk girl went to the back to inquire about Aubry. Turns out she was going outside of her box. Um, okay, she does that when she gets mad. Did they clean it up? Did she roll around and sleep in her pee all weekend?!??! I am SICK to my stomach thinking about it. She said they should have told me before I left (Um, yeah, thanks for the heads up) and she'll go let the techs know. Okay, what about my stench of a cat lady?!??!?! To wash her, at the same vet I just dropped $80 at-it is going to be $50!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to be kidding me. Am I over reacting?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!? So, now Wes and I are about to be mangled as we attempt to wash her. I am so so SO very angry right now. She's been going to that vet for forever, and, I will send her there no more.
UGH!
Update....
Aubry is washed. She was SO submissive (and for those of you that know you, you know that's a MIRACLE). Wes got her scruff, and I washed. And she's even being loving kitty now, all wet and scraggly. No pics-camera is dead (battery)-charger is lost in the "flood" stuff. Poor thing was probably tired of licking urine off of herself and was glad for the assistance. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Stupid vet!!!!
2 weeks ago

4 comments:
I completely understand. I had to board my dog because he was sick. Afterwards he would bite at everybody and lost his sweet disposition. Don't know what they did but it really sucks. My sweet little guy is now an alter ego and now lives with my parents as an outdoor dog so he won't attack me, my neighbors, and friends. (He still attacks my parents on occasion and the lawn man!)
That sucks-sorry about your pups!
This happened to us in Auburn. We boarded Sophie and Bella on the same day. Sophie came out bright white, gleaming and beautiful, and when they brought Bella out she was brown instead of white, and she reaked of urine. We were so angry. We never took her back there again!
Daphne, I'm so sorry about your dog:( That is so sad. You just never know about some places.
We love our vet in B'ham if you ever need another - Patton Chapel Animal clinic on 31.
Poor Aubs! I can't believe they were going to charge you for that. You should get your animal back in the same condition you left her, if not better. Hmph. Wish your camera would have been working, though!
Post a Comment