Sunday, March 9, 2008

Buh bye bathrooms!

Master Bedroom, minus furniture


Master Bathroom, minus flooring and cabinetry (it went out the window)


Guest Bathroom destruction



Den in disarray


I can't seem to find the before pics...but, here are some of the afters. They are fuzzy because I used them from shutterfly. The fans were removed Sat-AM, a the carpets are dry. The bathroom floor like I said, both bathrooms, was ripped up-and both of those are dry as well. We have now remaining the issue of the tub in the master bath-and there sits a HUGE humidifier trying to keep that at bay. Our lovely insurance was supposed to have someone come out on Friday-nothing. Like I said, LOVELY. There is a terribly long story about them that we won't delve into at the moment. Anyway, great. Thanks for looking out for us people. Meanwhile, water and mold still sit under the tub while we wait for someone to have time to come out. They can't dry the water because that will spread the mold more. But, with the water still hanging out, there is surely being more of a problem created. Insurance company lady-from her desk mind you-says she doesn't think the tub needs to come out. That someone can come and "clean" it. I am not living with a flippin mold problem...nor are we with a good conscience going to sell this house to someone knowing it's there. DRAMA. Tomorrow she is supposed to come out and asses the scene.

We've been staying with friends a weekend-probably tonight too. We just don't really have good functioning bathrooms at the moment to really be comfortable here. 1 toilet in 1 of the bathrooms works, one shower in the other (which we can't get to because of this haus machine), and using the sink in the kitchen. Obviously our master bedroom is non existent at the moment as well.

So, just wanted to update. I am not sure where we are going from this point. Everything in the house is a bit turned upside down at the moment. My mind keeps shifting to Weds evening, as I am going to have to "prep" for my procedure on Thursday. In this state, it is not going to be the most comfortable of evenings.

On a good note, we got our taxes done this weekend-woohoo! We are always last minute on that!!! WHEW, really glad that's over. Already planning...as you can imagine...what to do with the funds. Rumor has it too...I might be getting a new laptop-SWEET!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a nightmare! Hope it all gets cleaned up and back together soon. Good luck w/ the prep on Wednesday :-(