Friday, January 18, 2008

It's the freakin' weekend baby...

Hey everyone! Sound like I am in better spirits? Well, yes! I am!

Feeling better in some ways...my appetite back (hoooray for food!) and I am not restricted to the house-went to work all week! Having pains still; this could be a number of things. Hopefully, most that are heading in the right direction. I've been encouraged not to get discouraged (right, right), and that the path won't be without bumps. I've also got horrid heartburn/reflux; I'm SO SORRY for anyone that has ever had to deal with this type of thing long term-it's AWFUL. Icky. Don't ever scoff at heartburn. This stuff is SERIOUS!

The whole issue with the labs got cleared up; pretty sure someone at the lab got reamed pretty harsh for the flub. Glad SOMEONE had the results at least; man, that was CONFUSING though. Despite the results (apparently this test is notorious for false negatives), we are forging ahead with the antibiotic regimen. I will finally (I HOPE) be off antibiotics next Friday. The countdown has begun. After that will be the true test.

Also, on the GYN front...seems like they will be wanting to remove my cyst as it persists to be a pain. We'll see how it all turns out, but looks like I'll be having a laproscopic procedure to get that puppy out. I don't like the idea of surgery, but, if that's the only way to spell relief, then, I can hang I suppose.

Uncle Chuck has been reported to have a good day today as well. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers for him; keep them coming!!!

I just wanted to thank all my friends and family for all their thoughts, prayers and gestures these past few weeks for us and the rest of the family. We truly are blessed! Trisha, thank you SO much for my package...that definitely brought a smile to my face!!! I am SO sorry that we won't be able to make it up next weekend. We are going to plan some time to come up though, when I finally regain positive PTO. You have my word!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Not much on tap this way. Probably going to dinner and a movie tomorrow night with some friends (weather permitting). They are calling for 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow afternoon! Say WHAT?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! It snowed here today!