Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

It's been a conflicting day here for me. So many dear friends have sent wonderful Happy Mother's Day messages that have truly touched my heart. But, at the same time I feel sad and guilty. I've been a mother even before this mother's day. Days like this, make me miss our little Wyatt so much. However, I know he's looking on from heaven now, smiling at us and cheering us on everyday. I like to think of him as the most precious little guardian angel ever. Love you Wyatt! And, on days like this, I realize how so very blessed we are for each other and for what is going on inside of me right now. Love you Connor! We look forward to meeting you soon. Just not too soon bud!

A touching poem a friend sent:

A Mother’s Day Wish From Heaven

Dear Mr. Hallmark,
I am writing to you from heaven, and though it must appear
A rather strange idea, I see everything from here.
I just popped in to visit, your stores to find a card
A card of love for my mother, as this day for her is hard.

There must be some mistake I thought, every card you could imagine
Except I could not find a card, from a child who lives in heaven.
She is still a mother too, no matter where I reside,
I had to leave, but oh the tears she’s cried.

I thought that if I wrote you, that you would come to know
that though I live in heaven now, I still love my mother so.
she talks with me, and dreams with me; we still share laughter too,
Memories and loving spirits, the way of speaking now, would you see what you could do?

My mother carries me in her heart, her tears she hides from sight.
She writes poems to honor me, sometimes far into the night
She plants flowers in my garden, there my living memory dwells
She writes to other grieving parents, trying to ease their pain as well.

So you see Mr. Hallmark, though I no longer live on earth
I must find a way, to remind her of her wondrous worth
She needs to be honored, and remembered too
Just as the children of earth will do.

Thank you Mr. Hallmark, I know you’ll do your best
I have done all I can do; to you I’ll leave the rest.
Find a way to tell her, how much she means to me
Until I can do it for myself, when she joins me in eternity.

2 comments:

erin said...

beautiful. it brought tears to my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, lady!! (To answer your question from my blog...I use Blurb to make my blog books.)