Saturday, September 10, 2011

Can it be?

4 weeks ago today our lives changed in a beautiful instant. I can't believe how time has flown. Every day is a new adventure. It's not always easy, but, it's absolutely worth it! So thankful for all the love and help from family and friends. We are so unbelievably blessed!!!

Just a few more days and another milestone...we'll have a 1 month old on our hands!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, he is super cute! happy one month :)

Anonymous said...

Just want to say I have been reading your story for some time. Connor is a beautiful baby. Your family is beautiful. Your words have brought healing to my heart. Thank you for being here and sharing your journey. Just wanted to share a few thoughts from a mother to a mother. As I remember my son's birth almost 12 years ago, I remember how difficult it was to put him down. Especially after losing our first two babies. Not only did I want to cherish each moment but I felt a tinge of guilt that I wasn't a good mother if I did something else. Even just running to the store by myself, I felt terrible about that, somehow I was neglecting him. I want you to give yourself permission to go to the store! Or spend time with a friend. Never believe that you aren't a loving mother if you do something for yourself, by yourself. Guilt somehow becomes an all encompassing thing once you hold your new baby. I just encourage you to embrace motherhood guilt-free. It's a new season in your life and a whole new way of living and being. Even cleaning the house or cooking becomes oh so difficult. Don't put pressure on yourself to get it all done. May the Lord guide you, give you wisdom and His peace. Bless you for being such a loving mother.
A praying friend in Seattle,
Barbara